Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Your Notes on What You Saw/Read/Etc.

I'm looking a little more closely at the results from your media-consumption tracking assignment, and I'm getting a kick out of the notes that were left in the "notes/comments" field.  A bunch of them do a nice job of describing or reflecting on how a particular piece of media is being consumed (or reflecting on how it "should" be logged).

Here's a selection, presented anonymously, of comments that caught my attention.

Title Notes/Comments
All the Kings Men Read in class.
bills They send me these bills for free. How sweet of them.
Chef Todd English and CSI Crime Scene Investigation I was watching TV and Redditing on my laptop while making some food. It wasn't until I closed Reddit that I noticed all the media feeds that were slipping by me. I believe making a habit of recording all that I take in will be much harder than I first thought.
Doom 1 Went riding most of today, hence all the very late postings. Stopped at a buddies house to play Doom for a couple hours. Didn't beat the game.. /sigh
Facebook This time cuts into the Xbox time because I was checking my phone while using the Gaming console, so this was a case of multi-tasking.
Facebook I counted between 12pm to 5 pm how many times I used facebook on my cell phone and it was 11 times.
Facebook Because updating my status is just that important.
Facebook Chatting before class.
Ghost Adventures Not sure if this show is considered a documentary, but it is more for entertainment purposes.
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship Far too many commercials. Periodically felt as if I was drowning in advertisements.
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship TNT special this weekend, will likely continue watching the series.
Management Viewed through Netflix
My Mic Sounds Nice On Bet.com
Open Mic Night There was music playing from a laptop computer (and live performances of music) at the Open Mic Night at Plymouth.
Starbucks Cup I read the message about saving the earth on my Starbucks cup.
Surfed Ebay for good deals on Motorcycles Did this while playing WoW. Found a couple nice 750/4's.
syllabus In a way it was free. In another way, I paid thousands and thousands of dollars to receive this syllabus.
texting I put this under a subscription cost because I have unlimited texting.
The Social Network going very early to a pre-screening of the Facebook movie.
Tuck Everlasting I was being picky with movies on Netflix.
Watched a bit of Football Was mostly distracted with slappin' the bass. Used the television as background noise.
World of Warcraft Ran around in circles, talked to friends in my hometown, logged off. Was mostly used as a communication piece today.

Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment